Tuesday 22 June 2010

Stay on Target

I don't normally pick up The Economist although I did subscibe for a few years in the late 1990s when studying. The one I picked up had a technology quarterly in it (June 2010) which used to be a pull out feature on a wide variety of technology from big industry, pharmaceuticals, blue sky research etc. This was no different with a fairly diverse range of topics. The one that caught my eye related to software that disables bits of your computer to make you more productive. Err so now there are companies that flog software and services that stop other software companies software and services. Excellent. I liked the product called Freedom - this turns the internet off - "they don't call it Shut Down or Internet Off they call it Freedom" said a Mr Peter Sagal. Whats wrong with the little cross in the top right hand corner and your wallet untouched?

No comments: