Here is my final update as the contract at Wolverhampton successfully ends.
This week I have been making sure that there are no loose ends and handing over various things that are in progress. Therefore quite a few meetings and conversations with colleagues in the Directorate and beyond.
I will continue to be available over the coming weeks and months for any follow-ups that are needed.
I plan to return at the end of April in a personal capacity for the JISC/UCISA digital strategy forum, and the agenda includes an update on the University Digital Strategy.
During this week I have also:
- Provided feedback on the Nexus sessions for the DAS newsletter
- Prepared input for the monthly DAS highlights (based on scrum meetings among other things)
- Followed up the regional get-together with Birmingham City University, which has proposed a joined up IT and Library approach
- Met with Purchasing ref partnership landscape
- Met with an academic colleague regarding his Professional Doctorate thesis (absolutely fascinating regarding Digital Campus and future strategy)
- Invited Wolverhampton City Council to speak at the UCISA digital strategy forum on its digital journey
I will next be back at Wolverhampton University on April 28th for the Digital Strategy Forum.
It has been a great opportunity to work with new colleagues and create new friends.