Thursday 29 May 2008

National Express takes the strain

Although I'm not at work today (ie in the office) I am at work on the train on the way to a UCISA meeting in London on the embankment. The rail ticket was bought online using trainline.com and it was £80 cheaper by selecting two singles at specific times - I was on the 08:17 from Wakefield - but it meant that although I was at the station for the 07:32 I couldn't get on without paying the extra £80. Doh. However, the wireless network is free on this train and is working quite well so in this window I am writing this and in another window I am just downloading a document from the staff filestore that I need for today but forgot to save onto my laptop. This seems quite cool to me and would have been far fetched five years ago. Andy and I talked anout the Microsoft coffee table computer yesterday and we found a clip on Youtube. That would also have been far fetched but may soon be appearing in an office near you.

No comments: