Thursday 30 March 2017

Wolverhampton weekly newsletter #21

Here is my final update as the contract at Wolverhampton successfully ends.

This week I have been making sure that there are no loose ends and handing over various things that are in progress.  Therefore quite a few meetings and conversations with colleagues in the Directorate and beyond.

I will continue to be available over the coming weeks and months for any follow-ups that are needed.

I plan to return at the end of April in a personal capacity for the JISC/UCISA digital strategy forum, and the agenda includes an update on the University Digital Strategy.

During this week I have also:
  • Provided feedback on the Nexus sessions for the DAS newsletter
  • Prepared input for the monthly DAS highlights (based on scrum meetings among other things)
  • Followed up the regional get-together with Birmingham City University, which has proposed a joined up IT and Library approach
  • Met with Purchasing ref partnership landscape
  • Met with an academic colleague regarding his Professional Doctorate thesis (absolutely fascinating regarding Digital Campus and future strategy)
  • Invited Wolverhampton City Council to speak at the UCISA digital strategy forum on its digital journey
I have also provided a summary of my 90 days at the University with a personal reflection on the original objectives.

I will next be back at Wolverhampton University on April 28th for the Digital Strategy Forum.
It has been a great opportunity to work with new colleagues and create new friends.

No comments: