Saturday 21 June 2008

Amusing personalised number plate story

Stood in a car spares shop today buying a replacement stick on mirror for the door wing mirror that got broken last week (see twitter). Bargain at £7 versus a new wing mirror. Anyway while I was waiting to be served the shop guy was making up a personalised registration plate for a customer. It was AR 05 SOL but he was moving the letters around on a computer screen to illegally make it say A R05SOL. We got into a conversation and I said to the guy that it looked like aerosol but maybe it could be arsehole.

Actually it was a number plate for a Mister A Rossol who was stood in the shop just ahead of me. Very smart looking young pakistani gentleman with a highly manicured beard. Told me it was for his Audi Q8 outside (the white one) and asked me if I knew who he was, and that it was a very expensive asian number plate. I will know who he is whenever I see his car driving round Kings Cross/Halifax in the future.

No comments: