Sunday 1 June 2008

Another online community





The recent event that I attended also included an "online communities" site which allowed you to submit some information about yourself which then allowed connections to others with similar interests. I suppose a kind of speed dating but the neat thing was a dartboard format that had you at the bullseye and then like a set of rings the people who had ticked similar interests with closest matches nearer the bullseye. It also showed delegates versus suppliers in a different colour. In the spirit of that I am planning to post a more detailed Q&A on facebook and also a pen profile here. In the past I've not been keen on this sort of thing (don't know why) but this is what I posted on that other community site:
I am fortunate to work with a great team of people in a very diverse and distinctive University. My favourite times combine my interests in great engineering and technology with improving the ways we support and educate current and future generations of students. That will soon include our three children which may allow even more time for mountain biking, classic cars and travelling the world.
The pictures are of Megan, Jacob and Joseph in Costa Brava Spain Summer 2007, the classic car outside Paradise, the Lads and Dads mountain biking tour of Derbyshire 2008 and an immigrant entering Ellis Island for the first time in February 2007 (not learnt how to label photos yet!)

No comments: